Thursday, December 10, 2009

Never stop thinking!


I can never stop thinking these days, a lot on my mind . sometimes you don’t think before you talk lol! Remember my word vomit problem. Well it seems that I don’t give my brain the time it needs to think before saying something. Nowadays I can’t sleep because I have a lot on my mind. I have so many projects I don’t know where to start or how to start! Bas don’t worry about me I am a big girl!

I thought if anything I should teach myself to stop think so I googled "stop thinking" and this is what I found , incase you were having the same problem as mine. Generally it's good to think
before we speak or act, but sometimes we think so much that we don't speak or act at all (paralysis by analysis) and all that thinking breeds anxiety.
This article will offer some advice to help you know when it's time to stop thinking and move on.

Steps

1. Know when thinking becomes thinking too much. Thinking is something we need to do in order to survive, so it's hard sometimes to judge when we're doing too much of it (not unlike eating!). A good rule of thumb is that you know you're thinking to much when you start thinking the same thoughts over and over again (ruminating).

2. Meditate. If you feel like you don't know how to stop thinking, you need to learn what it's like to "let go" of your thoughts, so that it's something you can do deliberately. Imagine that thinking is like breathing; you do it all the time, without even realizing it. But if you need to, you can hold your breath. Meditating will help you learn how to hold your thoughts.

3. Put your thoughts down on paper. Thinking is a mental tool that is ideally used to analyze our options objectively. So on a piece of paper or on a computer, define a problem, write down your options, and list the pros and cons for each option. Seeing your thoughts in front of you like that will also help you stop cycling through them in your head. Once you can't think of anything more to write, your mind has done its job, and it's time to stop thinking.

Next:
- Follow Your Intuition. If two or more options seem equally appealing, thinking more will not make things clearer. This is where you listen to something deeper.
- Ask for advice. You may have exhausted your own thinking power, but someone else might be able to offer a different perspective that makes the decision clearer.

4. Act. At this point, you've used your mind, you've listened to your gut, and you've gotten a second opinion. Now you must Be Bold. Odds are, if you think too much, it's because your fears get the best of you, and you don't want to mess up. But there comes a point where you have to "poop or get off the pot"!

5. 5 Live in the Moment. Once you've resolved the thinking process, and taken action, focus your awareness on the here and now. Your mind will be tempted to pore over your decision, making you doubt yourself and worry, but what's done is done. Stop Worrying and Start Living.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails